Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The scariest thing

we are going to build in the Graveyard will be the angel mourner prop.

Not that she is scary, but we are going to use two new skills that we have yet to perfect......carving foam wings and casting arms.

I might be able to pull off carving foam wings....but I took enough art classes to know that there is no way I am going to be able to pull off human bare arms out of foam.  We are going to cast them.

That said, we learned a valuable lesson at Hauntcon this last May - the hands we cast for the statue were too big.  And the person we cast them off of was a small person.

Good thing all our friends have kids!

We are asking for photo submissions of the groups children and their frineds to see if we can find the perfect set of arm for this project.

Finding a person is not as hard as finding a kid that will actually make it through the moulding phase.

It is not fun or easy to be covered in algenite and bandages and hold a pose for 30 minutes.....we had a hard time filming kids for 30 minutes and that was easier......to be fair....I could not do it....husband hates watching a movie with me since I HAVE to get up every 30 minutes or so.....sitting; not for the frog queen.

This will be a fun project and I look forward on sharing the process with everyone.

The order has been placed with Smooth for modeling supplies....so let the fun begin!

I could just save myself a lot of heartache and buy (animated) one from Scarefactory


But where is the fun in that?


6 comments:

  1. The real fun is how many volunteers you get when you cast a well endowed woman's chest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I would have an easier time getting one of the crew to cast their chest rather than their arms......we are a randy bunch! :D

      Delete
  2. I've always been fond of mourning angels. I'll be interested to watch the progression of this model building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it will be a thing of horrible beauty when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel or fallen angel? I often find angels find scarier looking than demons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this post!
    I love mourning angel monuments. There's one in a cemetery nearby that I've been wanting to photograph :)
    I cannot wait to see your version! Best of luck with the casting and with the wings. I'm working on wings myself for a reaper project this year :) It's been tedious, but fun :)I'm curious to see the methods that you use to build yours :)
    Happy Haunting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive