Friday, December 24, 2010

One of the many things I do


That drive husband crazy are our Christmas cards :)

I have been making our cards by hand for probably 15 years. Each one a different idea. It usually involves a story and then an item to go with it.

Example, I did a "History of the Christmas Tree" and included a small tree that was hand decorated. That means creating the card with the story, finding the supplies for and decorating trees and putting them in small boxes and shipping them out.

We send out at least 50 cards each year!

You can now appreciate why this drives him crazy (that and the poor guy is married to me!)

Anyway.....here is a picture of this year's card. It is a ghost story called "The Ash Tree". A ghost story at Christmas? There is a reason.....I will explain in my next post.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

6 comments:

  1. It's no wonder you don't have time to play in any challenges at Haunted Design House. This looks awesome (LOVE the wax seal!) and I can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one, I want one! seriously, they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'd say cards like yours are collectibles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I just opened mine this afternoon but haven't had a chance to fully read it. I used your pumpkin seeds from last Christmas in my patch this year :) You guys are the best!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where you find the time, I will never know Froggie, but that is a fantastic tradition!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive