Monday, September 14, 2009

A Davis Graveyard secret

For anyone that has ever wondered about all the cool accents on the Davis Graveyard tombstones here is the skinny.
I kinda cheat. :) My brother has a business that makes decorative accents for homes and commercial buildings.

He has given my boxes of them and I have access to the moulds and a two part expanding foam if I want to make more.

Sometimes, if I am really lucky, like this weekend, my brother brings me over some really cool piece like the ones you see it this box. They are from a shipment that was damaged, so he gave them to me. Yippee!!

I put part of one on the base for the nuangel. I added a small skull in the middle that I forgot to take a picture of that makes this look even cooler.

So, to help my karma, I am going to offer up a small box of (resin) decorative accents to one blogger. Just comment on this post and you will be entered to win - I will draw a winner on Monday, September 21.

I will try to fit one of these in the box - but it might be in pieces, but you can easily glue them together when you attach them to the prop.

Note to the winner: they are attached with polyurethane construction adhesive, which takes about 24 hours to dry. They are a bit heavy (the resin ones that I will be shipping) so make sure they are secured well before you paint them. I usually use finish nails to hold them in place until the glue dries.

Good luck everyone!

Blog Archive