Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cause if I don't

it is going to break off when we are moving it.

Here is the latest update on the Joan prop. The recylced Angel prop that I have been working on with PumpkinBrain.


I made this cool shield for her with the crest in it, but I noticed that there was no good way to attach it so husband decided to use his (and Dan's) favorite new adhesive devise....rare earth magnets .

So husband epoxies two magnets at the top back side of the shield, and then epoxies two small pieces of ferrous metal to her dress.

To keep the metal from pulling off the dress when removing the sheild I took a two small strips of fabric and dipped them in monster mud and put them over the metal.

Now I just need to paint them to match and that part is done.

Last weekend I dipped a plastic lily in monster mud and laid it at her feet. I will be painting her this weekend and she should be done....finally, more pictures to follow.

Blog Archive