Wednesday, February 16, 2011

St Just, Cornwall, UK

paid off when we were at St. Just in Cornwall.

We were visiting the lovely (and I do mean absolutely lovely) norman church - it is down by the water (when the tide is in) and there are these lovely little paths that lead to grottos and a ancient pool.....definitely worth the trip.  If you are in Cornwall find your way there, trust me it is beautiful.

So as come up to the church I can see a graveyard around it and one going up the hill.....but we are headed into the the church.  Now I want to be respectful, we are with a tour group and not just say....."hey, I am going to just pop outside and check out the graveyard, I am sure the church is lovely, but....."

I could already tell that the tour guide was a little surprised and maybe a bit put out (and could not understand) my (our) obsession with every graveyard we saw :D  So I did not want to alienate myself any further by rushing off on my own :) 

So I went in the church - which like I said is quite lovely and very old, just like many of the other churches I had see that week....nothing wrong with it .......but to me the real beauty was outside in the surrounding gardens and the overgrown cemetery.

So, I am itching to get outside and when we do he heads up this walkway - which I can tell leads back to where we are parked.....but I absolutely cannot resist the stairs in front of me that lead up through the graveyard.

I figure this, if I can keep within hearing distance of the tour guide, I should be good.  So off I go.  Husband knows better than to stop me - I think he decided to stay with the group just so they did not leave without me.

Thanks to husband for making the video for me.  And I am playing with the YouTube annotation feature....so humor me :)


Blog Archive