this one would not be it....but it would be in the top 10 :) Oh, that was so mean of me to bait you in with that title.
To be honest, when I blog post I just start typing....I imagine if I really put some effort into writing them I would come up with much wittier intros.....anyway, as with most of my life....it comes down to time, which I have less and less of all the time.
So fast and barely inspired post titles it is.
What was I saying?
Oh yeah....one of my favorite graveyards in St. Andrews in Scotland. Let me start by saying that this is a beautiful town. If you are over that way - go there. You will love it. If you golf, I believe this is Mecca for you :D Anyway, not a golfer, but love graveyards.
And this is a good one. I would normally have more pictures, but this is my 3rd or 4th trip to this place so I was being more of a tour guide than a photographer. The story of this city and this cathedral, imparticular is astounding. At one time this was one of the largest churches ever built. If you have been there (or go there) you will be stuck by the utter size of the ruins.....this place must have been as larger or larger than Westminster Abbey. That is remarkable.
It is gone now (thanks Henry) but the graveyard that they built around and in its place is striking. It has a wide assortment of tombstone styles which probably explains my liking it so. So I share with you my blogger friends one of the real graveyards that inspires our display.
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (228)
- It was just a comment
- You are all waiting
- A friend sent this to me
- You can say one thing
- It is not too late
- Cleaning up after 2010
- This picture
- My problem with
- Since I have admitted openly
- This is why I let husband
- I was talking to another blogger
- Sitting here with my pumpkin spice tea
- One of the things I found to be true
- So while we are talking about circles
- Now for something merry
- This is proof of how behind
- It is official
- The Necroplis, revisted
- You only need one reason to go to Glasgow
- I think I promised
- There is a reason that I have not
- Not a Dr. Who fan? Skip this one
- Oh, a shinny new video
- Usually, we go a few more places in a year
- I got a thank you note from Santa!!
- Time to put away
- Husband is a big fan
- Now I have a dog
- Congratulations my friends
- Maker's Bill of Rights
- Speaking of cats
- My desk drawer is haunted
- Only two medieval churches
- I wish I could have said it like this
- There was something very familar
- I am not kidding when I say
- If I have to pick a favorite graveyard
- Start the new year right
- For those of you not married
- West Kilbride revisited
- ▼ January (41)
- ► 2010 (478)
- ► 2009 (533)