yes, it has been proven, we are insane. Yes, I know you already knew that, but now I have proof.
We are happy to help. We have always enjoyed Hauntcon and were both rather sad that we could not attend last year. Looks like we are making up for it this year :D
So what does that mean for the take and make part of Hauntcon? Well, we are not teaching all of them if that is what you are thinking :D (We were a bit panicked there for a moment too!) We are just coordinating the seminars and teaching a few. We are working to have a schedule of classes on the Hauntcon site by the end of the month. I will also post updates on my blog.
So, as representation of the Davis Graveyard, we are going to teach a tombstone class. But since our tombstone classes usually take 4 hours and we have a little over an hour, we are going to simplify it.
The first choice is to always make them smaller. Not something we are interested in, we want someone to leave the workshop with a finished tombstone. So, the compromises are:
Instead of a 2x4 foot tombstone, it will be 2x3 (still a respectable size....and might fit in a suitcase...a large suitcase.)
Instead of people picking their own epitaphs, I will have one simple epitaph for everyone that is easy to carve. (RIP or something similar)
Instead of providing accents and other decorative alternatives for your tombstone, this one is going to be plain. (glue takes too long to dry)
Your tombstone will come with the back already done to save time. But we will explain the process.
We will show you how to carve the lettering.
We will show you how to shape a tombstone.
We will show you how to paint and age it......all in about an hour, for about $20 bucks :)
We have some other ideas for classes, but that is the only definite one at the moment. And we have one other surprise.....
Is there any things/idea/props that you would like to see us teach at Hauntcon?
- ► 2015 (38)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (228)
- It was just a comment
- You are all waiting
- A friend sent this to me
- You can say one thing
- It is not too late
- Cleaning up after 2010
- This picture
- My problem with
- Since I have admitted openly
- This is why I let husband
- I was talking to another blogger
- Sitting here with my pumpkin spice tea
- One of the things I found to be true
- So while we are talking about circles
- Now for something merry
- This is proof of how behind
- It is official
- The Necroplis, revisted
- You only need one reason to go to Glasgow
- I think I promised
- There is a reason that I have not
- Not a Dr. Who fan? Skip this one
- Oh, a shinny new video
- Usually, we go a few more places in a year
- I got a thank you note from Santa!!
- Time to put away
- Husband is a big fan
- Now I have a dog
- Congratulations my friends
- Maker's Bill of Rights
- Speaking of cats
- My desk drawer is haunted
- Only two medieval churches
- I wish I could have said it like this
- There was something very familar
- I am not kidding when I say
- If I have to pick a favorite graveyard
- Start the new year right
- For those of you not married
- West Kilbride revisited
- ▼ January (41)
- ► 2010 (478)
- ► 2009 (533)