Friday, July 16, 2010

Speaking of casting

you have to make the mold first. Here is the latest skull mold in progress....I believe this is coat number 4.


You will notice the ridge on the back of the head. It is there for a reason. It is where you cut the mold for release.

You can learn that and all kinds of valuable casting tips and tricks at our molding and casting class next month.

The second picture is of a new skull that our good friend and great minion Daniel worked on for us. We are creating a mold so that we can make casts out of foam and cement.....which I hope to sell on Etsy if I can get the time together and can figure out how to set up a store.....another project...why do I do this to myself :D

It is a really cool skull and I am looking forward to showing you a finished piece. If all goes well, we might have one to show by the end of the weekend.

Back to prop making!




1 comment:

  1. that would be so cool if you opened a shop! hope you find the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive