Friday, July 16, 2010

Only about 20 more

to go (I need 48 total).

Husband has been hard at work casting me resin votive holders for the luminary. Now that it stopped raining they cure in about 24 hours, as apposed to this winter when it took about three days per cast.

He can complain about casting being tedious but I think it is still one of his favorite projects.

I also cleaned all the wax off the luminary and put a new coat of black paint on it.

I designed some fancy scroll work for the sides and husband is cutting them out for me on the scroll saw. I will paint and attach them to add a bit of elegance to the piece.

For a prop that is only for the party (and eventually my office) I have to say I have spent a ridiculous amount of time and money on this folly. I am being a very silly frog queen....

One day I am going to just have to walk away from this prop and call it done....but today is not that day.

Blog Archive