Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back to “normal”


Whatever that is.

Since March I have been running senseless trying to get a lot of projects done.  The early part of the year is a great time to plan for conventions, work on the video awards and events for Halloween…but on the personal side that is my busiest time at work.

So now that the conventions are over (for the DG at least) and I am back from 4 days of theater and wine tasting, I am looking forward to having a normal routine: D

So, you would think that I would have a lot to tell you about all these fun events, but I can only focus on one thing.

Something happened that still has me shivering when I think about it.   And as you guessed….it involves a spider.

I am walking along the street in Ashland (where the Oregon Shakespeare Festival is located) and I feel something is in my hair. 

Did I walk to close to a tree and get a bit of branch in my hair?

I wish!!!

I reach up to grab it out of my hair….it feels like a small branch.

I bring my hand down to shake it to the ground, as I do….the branch moves a bit.

OMG!!!!

I have not seen it….but I know….I just know it is a spider…..

Now….this is all happening in a very short amount of time….and by the time I realize the horror, I am half way through a cross walk on a busy street.

I then pull my hand down with the moving twig/spider and my worst fears are confirmed….it is a spider….crawling around through my fingers.

Freaking out like this in the middle of a crosswalk, is not an option.

While I a screaming like a banshee in my head, I quietly shake the spider off my hand onto the crosswalk……

…..where hopefully it was quickly run over by a semi-truck! :D

For days afterwards, I have been having flashbacks of the feeling of having a spider crawling in my hand.  I don’t think I will ever be the same……

Anyway – I am back now and only a few loose ends to tie up and then I can get working on our stuff!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your prop building projects with us.  Looking forward to checking out your blogs and seeing what you are up to.

11 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!!! You're like a magnet for them. That's got to be a horrible feeling. And reality. Shoosh. Crazy hitchhiking spider anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you showed it who was boss in the end! What did you see at the festival? We have tickets in August for Measure for Measure, The Imaginary Invalid, and Ghost Light. Really hope the same team that brought us A Servant of 2 masters does something as magical with The Imaginary Invalid. In some 30+years of going A Servant of 2 masters was my favorite show all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Yuck! But ward off post-traumatic stress syndrome. That would mean the spider wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support everyone.

    OFH - I saw all those except Ghost Light. LOVED Imaginary Invalid - it is a Rocky Horror meet Laugh In type production....trust me, you will love it! Bonus points if you can find the two skulls in the set!!

    To Kill a Mockingbird was amazing. For a story I know so well I was completely blown away. Amazing. A few story details missing...but I think they did a powerful job of telling that story. If you can see it - do, you will not be disappointed.

    Osage County is like watching a train wreck.....with your family driving the train....actually it was a bit terrifying to watch at times :D

    The only down side for me...and I think it is just me, because most people liked it was The Language Archive - but then I am not a "mushy" person, too lovey-dovey for my taste.

    Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waited too late in the season to decide we were going so we will miss Mockingbird. Tickets went so fast. Its my favorite book and I love the stage production.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, put this in the record books, but this is one time I'm going to agree 100 percent on the terrified of spiders part... because it was in your HAIR! I don't care if its a stray FLOWER, if it falls in my hair, I want it OUT! Knowing a spider was up there..... ew, I'm shivering on that one!!! YIKES!

    PS - thanks for linking back to the comments on the Memorial Day weekend prop plans, I enjoyed going back through it and seeing what everyone said too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted a pic on haunt forum I thought you might like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ew.ew.ew.ew.ew.

    I probably have fifty million spiders hiding in my insane hair, making nests as I type this. And a few ninjas. Though they would never get out. Something you have to see to believe.

    Wonderful story! I too am an intense arachnophobe (and very squeamish around real blood - much to my family's amusement).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get back to us when your ready to define "normal". And stop picking on the poor arachnids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kudos to you for not having a spazz-freak out like I would have. The last time I saw a house centipede on our porch, the mailman saw me freak out and asked if I needed to go to the ER.hehe. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn - yeah spiders in the hair is creepy. Very creepy...and not in the good way! Thanks for the thanks...great to see what everyone is up to!

    GoneferealinID - I am having a hard time logging into Hauntforum. I will try again later....really want to see what you are up to and really need to catch up on the forums!

    Marrow - LOL! Ninjas too!! :D

    Ali - I have no idea what normal is....in this case I was just refering to my life not being so busy - normal only has me going 3 or 4 different directions at once....lately it has been 10+ - crazy. And yes.....I do realize that I am picking on the spiders. To be honest I did wait until I got across the street and dropped him off a railing into the bushes....but saying I dropped it in the street and having a semi run over it was funnier....and not likely since Ashland does not allow large trucks in the downtown area....but I went for funny :) Forgive me.

    Meowlissa - if I was at home in my yard....that is exactly what I would have done. I was quite proud of myself for being so "good" in public! :)

    Thanks everyone....I will keep the spider stories down....and the LOLcats!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive