Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Hogmanay

If you have been reading this blog for a while you know that I consider my true home to be Edinburgh, Scotland. Milwaukie, Oregon is only temporary :D

I have traveled there many times (even spent Halloween there one year) - but the two other times I would like to be there are during part of The Edinburgh Festival (summer) and on Hogmanay - New Year's Eve. They pride themselves in throwing the largest New Year's Eve party in the world. I would love to be part of it some day.


Edinburgh's Hogmanay from Edinburgh's Hogmanay on Vimeo.

Craig Ferguson described Hogmanay as follows: "In Scotland, New Year's is called Hogmanay. And it is a time when people who can inspire awe in the Irish for the amount of alcohol that they drink decide to ramp it up a notch."

Remember, frog queen knows of a cool castle, not too expensive, with a graveyard on the property....you want to go....I know you do!!! :D

That makes my New Year's Eve party look like a kids birthday party. I gotta get more fireworks! :D

SlĂ inte mhath!

Blog Archive