Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Things that do not work

to distract the cats from the Christmas tree.

Yelling at them when they go near it. Does not work when they claw the furniture, why would I think it would work now? :)

Squirt water at them when they get too close to the tree. Although always fun, in this case it can backfire tragically. A cat sprayed with water first, jumps in the air and then runs away. Sounds good, but in this case, they jump into the tree and then try to run under it.

The sound of crashing ornaments usually follows, and if I am really lucky, the tree does not fall over . . . . .again.

I have been known to tie the tree to the wall with fishing line.

Should the tree not fall over giving me easy access to the cat.....then more crashing ornaments and a whole lot of colorful language as I try to wrangle the cat out from under the tree....cat and I are now unhappy and devoid of any holiday spirit! :(

Put lots of presents underneath it so they cannot get under it. No matter how many presents and how well I stack them....they find a way.....

At this point, I am not above locking them in the basement for the month of December..... :)

Blog Archive