Friday, July 3, 2009

Frog Queen fact

I don't cook much. My sister got the cooking genes in our family.

I can make soup and bread....but other than that, not so much. So when the lovely Dracenea sent me some Halloween cookie cutters, and it was a very cool June day, I thought I would make some cookies. I got out my favorite Martha Stewart Sugar Cookie recipe - yum, the best icing in the world....oh, I got distracted.

Then I ran out of time and came up with what I thought at the time was a brilliant idea I would just go get those rolls of cookie dough and roll them out and cut out cookies! Seriously, I am a genius!! What could go wrong?

Ah, well, I don't think that that dough is made to work that way. Or I don't know what I am doing...hum....no, I am going to blame the dough.

So, no matter how little time I baked my cookies they came out brown instead of that lovely golden sugar cookie color. But here they are, in my lovely Hallmark (back when they did cool Halloween stuff) cookie dish, about a dozen light brown sugar cookies....this one on its side is supposed to be a bat.

Well, at least they tasted yummy.

I will try this again in the fall when I am willing to turn the oven back on.

Blog Archive