Friday, July 3, 2009

Frog Queen fact

I don't cook much. My sister got the cooking genes in our family.

I can make soup and bread....but other than that, not so much. So when the lovely Dracenea sent me some Halloween cookie cutters, and it was a very cool June day, I thought I would make some cookies. I got out my favorite Martha Stewart Sugar Cookie recipe - yum, the best icing in the world....oh, I got distracted.

Then I ran out of time and came up with what I thought at the time was a brilliant idea I would just go get those rolls of cookie dough and roll them out and cut out cookies! Seriously, I am a genius!! What could go wrong?

Ah, well, I don't think that that dough is made to work that way. Or I don't know what I am doing...hum....no, I am going to blame the dough.

So, no matter how little time I baked my cookies they came out brown instead of that lovely golden sugar cookie color. But here they are, in my lovely Hallmark (back when they did cool Halloween stuff) cookie dish, about a dozen light brown sugar cookies....this one on its side is supposed to be a bat.

Well, at least they tasted yummy.

I will try this again in the fall when I am willing to turn the oven back on.

11 comments:

  1. So the refrigerator rolled cookie dough doesn't work for this?! Who knew! Hey - as long as their edible, that's all I really care about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad the cookie cutters are getting used. :)

    Even though you didn't get the cookie texture you wanted, they still looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do still look yummy! I bet they won't hang around for long :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely defective dough, FQ. Happens all the time.
    Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good. First rule of baking (from someone who does lots of it): ALWAYS blame the dough! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look yummy to me!! and i love the dish!!!!!

    isnt Dracenea the bestest? i' tellin' ya, without blogging, i would have never met such great awesome ppl like her. *and YOU!* (and lots of others!!)

    it makes my day to hop around my blog list and see what everyone's up to!

    hope you're having a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!

    I guess baking is in the air. I killed a cheesecake yesterday by throwing the blueberries and blueberry glaze on it before it set up.

    It'll still taste good, though.

    Yours looks like it'll taste better, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same EXACT way-I can't cook either. Wow, you can bake bread-that's great! I can do some things on the Foreman Grill...but that's about it...OH & I'm a master of soup & Ramen noodles. Terrible, right!??

    They look very good! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same experience with cookie cutters some years ago for Christmas. My gingerbread cookies was meant to look like gingerbread men but they looked more like mud monsters :-) I made these cookies for my parents in law... At least, they were tasting good.

    Your cookies still look yummy and I bet they are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, they were quite tasty. Thanks to all of my blogger friends for supporting my delision of the bad cookie dough. I now know where to turn to when I need...support in my deliusions. You are all amazing. Let me know when I can return the favor.

    BTW - I am sure ShellHawk is innocent on the cheesecake killing.....

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a better woman than I! I didn't get the cooking genes either. Actually I am a good cook...I just loathe to do it for some reason. Your cookies look quite yummy though, brown or not! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive