Thursday, July 30, 2009

Frog Queen folly #...

What number are we on now? I can't remember....but here is another one of those silly Chris (and the other Chris) things.

I can tell you that this project was originally supposed to be a sarcophagus for a mummy....you can see that from this right ;D

Long story, but let's just say a lot of jokes were made at husband's expense - sorry baby!

Since this was not likely to work for it's intended purpose, the other Chris (toph) did the best he could with what he had to work with.

He posed the Mr. Thrifty skeleton in (what we now (lovingly) call "the snow shoe" and put some bits of things and strings. When I was working with monster mud paper mache to make the Houdini bust, I added some work to this piece.

Painted it and....well here you have it. It sits out on in the outdoor patio all year long.

Cool, it that "I am not sure WTF that is kinda way" :D

6 comments:

  1. That is really cool. I find it interesting that you leave the Halloween stuff out all year round.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the whatever it is turned out great :) Sometimes it's the curious objects like these that make the best props.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadows - Ah, let me clarify that my outdoor patio is covered....the rain would have "meltd" this thing if left outside :)

    I do love leaving some of the mor detailed props out all year.

    Ghoul Friday - I argee, it is definately a conversation starter, and it is out as a talsman do drive away the unfriendlies. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love it, another great piece Froggie! That could sit on my patio any day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cool looking! How sweet is that to have outside all year long, especially in the summer. Makes you remember that Halloween is on the horizon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. COOL piece and I bet it looks even better in person on your patio! :-)

    Popping in to say hello & wish you a great weekend.

    Chris (-:

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive