Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Problem solved

If you know me, or have been reading my back in the beginning, you may remember me bitchin' about the wings for my angel monument - along with many, many other things :)

Well, this year I was trying to figure out what to do to replace the disastrous wings I made last year. A new set of wings would be set #4 - that just seems silly. Obviously there is a problem here...there has got to be a better solution.

And there is, a very simple one.

I am creating a new angel
The curent angel is not longer an "angel", we had our suspicions, she was always a bit of a trouble maker ;)

Now, before you all ask me if you can have her, I have learned to stop giving away my props . . . . cause I end up missing them (still unhappy about the scarecrow).....so, since I cannot part with her....the current angel is going to be recycled.

She currently is holding a sword in her hands, so my new plan is to remove the wings permanently and put a warrior ringlet type thing on her head, possibly something that makes her dress look more like a battle uniform, and maybe make a shield to set on the base. I am thinking I will carve something in french on a plaque on her base.....and call her "Joan".

I was told that I cannot burn the crap wings from 2008 (and I was very disappointed), because of their size and what they are made out of. So I am going to go all "Office Space" on those wings with a baseball bat! I can hardly wait!!

But how can the Davis Graveyard be without the angel that stands alongside the mausoleum? No worries. I have plans for a new one.

But that is a blog post for another day.

Blog Archive