Thursday, July 2, 2009

I cannot say enough

great things about Hauntcast. Chris is a great guy and I think this is one of the most exciting things to happen in the home haunter industry in a long while. Keep up the great work everyone! I look forward to listening to each episode, and this last one was one of my favorites.

One of my favorite features is Revent's musings...or whatever they are called (I cannot be expected to remember everything people :) I enjoy the story like presentation. Just love it.

This last one about a haunt wood or trail gave me several idea.

First, next house I buy needs to have a wooded area. That is now very important on the list.
But it gave me the idea that we might want to use natural sounds in our graveyard display, not just scary music. I am going to see what I can find out there. Maybe a mix of both, you know crickets and owls and rustling leaves.....and then some creepy music....I don't know. Still working out that idea.

And I have to say that I was a bit concerned when the prop guys started talking about cylinders. I was so sure they were going to defend all the crazy (and as they rightfully pointed out) and dangerous ways that some haunters try to be creative to save a buck.

Husband and I (and the fantastic crew) have been doing this long enough that we understand that safety is paramount. Both for all of us and the guest. That saying that "no publicity is bad".... is not always true. You do not want to be on in the paper or on the news because you injured someone.

So I was very happy to hear how they explained in a very entertaining and informative way why you should by the right part for the job. Thanks guys! I could not have said it better.

Really enjoyed hearing Brent talk about DC Cemetery. Our paths have crossed several times, but we have never really spoken, and odd email here and their (odd as in few, not odd as in strange :) So we could hardly wait to hear his interview.

And we were not disappointed. It was insightful to hear what one of the most respected home haunters in the country had to say on a range of topics. He sounded so smart and knowledgeable

Can husband and I do ours over? :)

5 comments:

  1. Hoping you & yours have a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend!

    Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no episode of Hauntcast I did not like. And last one was pretty cool for a lot of reasons but what makes it different than others is that I now know that Revenant love the video game franchise "Thief". He should be happy to know that a new game (Thief 4) is being developped by Ubisoft Montreal. :-)

    Oh, and happy 4th july holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PumpkinBrain.....Ah, I did not know that. Cool!!!

    Happy 4th to all of your too!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A squeaky door and clawing sounds are always good to add too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dracenea - very good, very good. I will add themn to the list.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive