Thursday, August 20, 2009

In honor of

the birthday of one of my favorite authors and definitely a profound influence on my life. I do love Ray Bradbury, I really do. But my first love in horror is still my favorite....

H.P. Lovecraft

Someday, when I have the cash...this is a book that is currently missing from my library, will be mine. It is always on my Christmas list :) I know there is a cheaper paperback version of this set. But I have an library in my house, one of my favorite places....full of hardcover books. They feel so nice sitting in your lap while you are reading, they are heavy and bare the weight of the words so beautifully.....curled up on the couch with my glasses on and a nice cup of tea.

Which is what I hope to be doing with this book someday :)

For those of you that don't know the history of Lovecraft, he, like many at the time, was an avid letter writer. It is presumed that he wrote upwards of 10,000 letters ("they" say) and I have several other books of his letters and they are endlessly fascinating!

Could be the fan in me talking. But either way. I have to make a special toast to one of the greatest horror (and sci fi) writers ever on his birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Happy B-Day, H.P.!

    I wonder how many fans are making a pilgrimmage to his grave at Swan Point today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom G - I would love to do that someday.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive