Friday, August 21, 2009

It is cheap because

it is the lowest quality skeleton they sell, and thus, the cheapest :)

But man, those budget Bucky and Bart's are a mess. So if you want a close-up type picture, of one of them, you have some work ahead of you.

Have I mentioned that almost as much as I hate, a Blucky just propped up with no additional painting or corpsing...I hate to see a Bucky in the yard with that silver skull holder with the hook still attached.

:(

I takes a little work, but you can greatly improve the look of your Bucky with at little time and materials. In this case I am using two-part "Fixit" to cover up the holes and hardware on the Bart that is going in my latest Frog Queen Folly in my garden.

First you dremel out any bits of the mold that over cast, and try to match up the two parts of the skull and dremel out the lip. Then you take two-part Fixit and mix equal parts of the putty together until they are the same color. Then you put the Fix-It in the holes, on the seams, or cover any wires and hardware. Then you smooth it out and use a little water on your fingers to smooth it further to blend into the skeleton. I am using the same process to clean up the hands we cast for the new angel to fill a few voids in the original cast.

When the Fixit dries it is as hard as the plastic on the skeleton. You can sand it an paint it how every you want. Cool stuff. I know this is an extra step, but it is worth the time.

1 comment:

Blog Archive