Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It dosen't look like

candlelight does it? But it will, here is Frog Queen Folly #5 (not to be confused with my new blog - this is a real - folly.)
Does not look like much, and very few people will likely notice what it will do.

But I am ecstatic!

This little EFX-TEK set up will flicker the flood lights in the stained glass windows of the church. That way it will look like candle light in the church windows rather than just, well, what it is now. Flood lights aimed at the panels.

We tried it in the garage, pretty eerie.

Husband took two outlets, removed the connections between them so that they are four separate plugs for the four window lights. He wrote a program that works with the Prop 1 and RC-4 (I think, husband reads this so he can correct me if I am wrong) controller board from EFX-TEK and voila! I have candle light in the church.

I am very happy....even though no one but me will likely notice this detail.

Yes, I know, I am crazy. I am okay with that. :)

7 comments:

  1. Id definitely replace all of the lights in my house with one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the little details that we the haunters notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very nice idea. The look will be terrific. Electronic can really create some interesting stuff. Unfortunately, I never did any myself yet... Something that will need to be corrected as I become a more experienced haunter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - and the neat thing is, you could just reprogram it for nearly anything else, from triggered strobes, sequencial lighting, or Any Other 110v powered effect you can dream up. And by reprogram, I of course mean make a few more. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quin - LOL! I like the way you think!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive