Sunday, August 16, 2009

Knock, knock

who's there....it is my new mailman.

He comes up to the door to deliver the mail. Not a big deal? Well the mail box is at the end of a pretty long driveway, so he really must have had a good reason to get out of his truck and trek up here.

"Hi, I am your new mailman"

"Great" we say "glad to meet you."

"I just wanted to tell you how excited I am get get this new route so that I get to deliver to your house."

"Really?" we say.

"Yeah, I get to tell my kids that I get to deliver to the "haunted house" they are so excited!"

(we laugh)

"Except for my youngest, he is seven, he is worried for me. He says the house is scary."

(more laughing from all of us)

We smile, "Ah, tell him that we will make sure nothing happens to you :)"

4 comments:

  1. Too Funny! What a cool mailman you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mailman better behave otherwise he might get caught by something evil sleeping in your garage. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you guys can manage it, you really should have a mailman related gravestone, just for the 7 yo... (grin)
    "Here lies Mailman Fred - he wasn't too quick, now he is dead..."
    Or simply:
    "I thought it would be cool to deliver mail to the graveyard house..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Quin, that is too funny! Great idea!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive