Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inspired by

the wonderful and immensely talented Ghoul Friday, I decided to reclaim some ugly orange pumpkin lights and make them work for indoor decor.

Because she is more talented than I, she did all this cool detail aging stuff and made them look perfect with a few subtle touches. Genius.

Me, not so much so, when it comes to the frog queen, you might have noticed that almost every item that makes its way out into the shop; I paint black. What can I say, I am one dimensional that way :)

Then I took some dark gray paint and dry brushed it...then when that was dry, I took a lighter gray color and did the same.

Viola! An otherwise boring and tacky pumpkin light has been rescued and made useful and creepy. As far as I am concerned...big improvement...but then that is my general feeling about black and gray paint :D
















10 comments:

  1. I personally think "Jenkins" looks fantastic... yes, I just named your pumpkin... and in our area, the gray or black pumpkins are always so much more pricey than the orange ones, I say way to go inexpensive way to get a very expensive look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall begin the movement of transformation! They almost look like statues on the pillars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think the doll behind "Jenkins" is creepier...In my world porcelain dolls are the top of the creep meter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its an awesome still life...I may have to borrow this idea...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful, but I think it is the doll that makes the scene really creepy. There is nothing scarier than dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin looks great. But I've gotta agree, it's the doll that really creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job. Looks very statuesque.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grey and black pumpkins are a nice twist on the usual orange. Pair that with a garden gnome and I'd be sprinting in the other direction! Garden gnomes totally freak me out.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive