Wednesday, May 30, 2018

It appears that the lifetime of a scarecrow

outdoors 24/7 in Portland Oregon is about 4-5 years and then they start to decompose. The first one is our first scarecrow for the garden.  He was a traditional scarecrow with a straw hat and overalls, the hat is completely decayed and gone the overalls are following at a rapid pace.


This second one was my pumpkin head scarecrow with tree branch arms covered in burlap, very Sleepy Hollow like.  I have not been able to find the head.  



The oak leak hydrangea has taken over the frame and just a bit of the burlap is left on the back of the frame.  Time and nature will claim everything.


I want to go out at dusk and take more pictures.  I am enjoying reclaiming my garden and it's Halloween flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive