Wednesday, July 6, 2011

'Though this be madness..."

"...yet there is method."  Shakespeare

I am using that quote to shore up my excuse on why in the world we are replacing a perfectly good facade with this monstrosity that will take up most of my driveway.

That and I had Shakespeare on the brain because of something that happened at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival that we go to every year.  Apparently a very large beam in the main theater cracked and that stage is closed until they can repair it.  It is quite a scary thing - just take a look - it is right above the main stage, if that actually broke during a performance people of could have died.  I just shudder at the thought.

At the top of the picture you will see a light area - that is the crack that runs through  the main beam -  that is not good!

This is why I prefer to work in Styrofoam....less likely to kill you when it falls on your head!


2 comments:

  1. Guessing we will be seeing show in the Lithia park tent next month. What I love about friends of the festival is how supportive they have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OFH - I have to agree. If it would be me I would not have complain a second and go to whatever venue the sent us to....the show goes on people....

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive