Thursday, July 7, 2011

Other duties as assigned


For some reason in our neighborhood people seem to think that we can do just about anything.....including fixing a damaged sign. :)

We have two signs in our neighborhood that "welcome" you.  Welcome you to hit them with your car on in the case of this sign....just break it to pieces by kicking it with your foot.

So husband and I took the poor guy in a glued him back together.  I then took Fixit (2-part repair compound - the same stuff I use on our skeletons) and filled in all the missing pieces that were damaged when it was broken.






Now I just have to find some enamel paint and finish it up....in between prop building :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...If it were me, I'd seriously consider adding a very inconspicuous personal touch to the sign before putting it back out....a small ghoul peering from behind one of the trees, a tiny pumpkin carefully placed to look like it was always there, a sinister shadow in the church window.....You know, somehing that you can smile at every time you pass and wonder how long before it gets noticed....

    but that's just me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave - LOL! We all joked that I should have put a tombstone or a pumpkin on it.....I knew I liked you for a reason.

    Okay - that settles it. I am going to edit the sign. If they do not like it it will be the last time they ask me to help!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive