Monday, September 10, 2012

What did you do this weekend?

I "skinned a mud man."

Yeah, don't hear that every....well, ever.

We have had a lot of problems with the props these days - we really got in over our heads this year and this is one of the prime examples.

We sold all the old mud men and redesigned them.....they did not go as planed.

This weekend I managed to mud and un-mud two mud men.


He as so unstable he needed a support....this is not going to work in the yard....even if I paint that stick black :)






The head an shoulders were just too large....they looked like umbrellas.  We desigend them to lean over too far - going for that foreboding look.....and it just made them really unstable....they were ready to take a head dive at the slightest word.

So this week will have sun again on Thursday......so mudding is back on they menu.  Better luck the second time!

7 comments:

  1. OH the fun of building something just to take it apart. Thank goodness it was just the one you had to redo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try and try again. That is what we home haunters do. I can't tell you how many times I have re-done my entire yard haunt to get what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats too bad, all that work! The other ones you made were great! As for the one that you propped up with the stick, don't paint the stick get him a pair of crutches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had similar issues with sculptures mesself M'lady! I resolved it with a swivel chair base for the wheels and a nice wide stable base and a cinder block over the centerpost where the chair base usually screws too. The weight gives excellent stability low down preventing tipping, the castor wheels ease of mobility. Once in place just stake with some tent pegs. I hope that's of some use to you.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. Always love to hear how other haunters solve problems. Thanks for the help!

      Cheers!

      Delete

Blog Archive