Friday, August 20, 2010

It seemed like a good idea

When we started this piece.  We wanted to make it look like an unfinished statue so we thought we would use monster mud and chicken wire to match her clothing to create the uncarved stone area.
Thinking that this would match the existing part of the statue.

We know that the pattern of the chicken wire shows through fabric when it is mudded so we thought we would just cover her in batting first to soften the pattern and then cover it in fabric.

Not our best idea, as that now she started to look like a stuff animal. Although I have made a stuff animal into a prop before....this was not the effect we were looking for.

(Pictures are a bit shadowy because we were working in the shade cause it was almost 100 degrees last weekend!  Made the mud dry ultra fast.)
We ended up removing all the fabric, batting and chicken wire and starting over. 

Just sharing this for any bloggers/haunters that have ever had to remake a prop....we have been doing it for about 12 years and we still have that problem :D

I will show you the solution in the next post.

Blog Archive