Thursday, June 4, 2009

At last a post about

frogs.

I was watching Jon Stewart the other night and they had the host of the new Earth 2100 show in for an interview. They started said interview by showing the trailer to the show, which told the fable of the boiling frog. :(

Being a vegetarian and a frog fan, this irritated me. But I wrote it off to the fact that I am just doubly sensitive on this issue and it might prove a point and work for the general public.

But as the interview when on, I noticed that Jon seemed to gravitate to how slightly horrific the comparison was.....maybe he is a vegetarian frog fan....I doubt it, maybe I am not the only one! :)

The last straw is when the guy when he mentioned that "frogs taste good." I bet they do, but what does that have to do with the show. From then on I was just irritated.

The next day I was thinking about how this bothered me and decided to check out the fable this the intro was based, hoping to bypass actual stories of boiled frogs, I found a fast reference on one of my favorite sites


Appears the fable is not true - frogs will try to get out of a boil pot of water! Hum, this is supposed the be show about the future that is based on scientific evidence.....and not one bother to check the story for the intro??!!

So did anyone check the on degrees these people claim to posses? I mean how did that slip by. Did they think no one would notice.....I mean us frog fans do have access to the Internet :) I don't think I am interested in a science show that is going to make me have to check the facts every episode.

Then on my Googling....I found this guy. He did the artwork for the intro....and he said "I storyboarded that whole frog thing! I had to boil, like 3 dozen of them (frogs) until I got the right poses". Seriously, you boiled 3 dozen frogs for art? Three dozen frogs.....you better be kidding!!!

Call me over sensitive, but, no, I am not watching this show.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were a vegetarian! Congrats to you! I've posted before about how I've tried and every time, I fail because after two days, I get uber weak. :(

    In regards to your post, I am also horrified at the "artist". If you're oversensitive, then I am too!

    I'm glad you're posting more about you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i had a lot of catching up to do here!

    i'm sickened over this. i'm not a veg and frogs are cute, but i'm not nutty about them like you are (which is ever-so-endearing, btw) but STILL! i think this was a cruel thing to do.

    :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive