Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One of those details

That likely no one but me and the crew noticed.  The original design of Margie had her cowl area open, because we used monster mud and fabric over the head shape.  But it is supposed to be a carved statue, that part of her head would have been solid stone.  

So we fixed that.  First we filled the back of her head with bubble wrap and then poured in some expanding foam....a little too much actually :D

Then we sanded away the extra foam and blended it into the fabric folds to help it look "carved" - we will paint it today and see how is looks.



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful attention to detail :) That's what makes your display great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful and atmospheric statue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, can a statue be atmospheric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was already stunning but I agree with the change up. She will look even more realistic. Well done Queen of the Frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! You have just opened a whole new creative door for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, I cannot wait to see how it turns out - what a great addition to something I already called 'perfection'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. Now that I am looking at it again, I think I need to narrow her nose and build up her cheek bones a bit to match the original actor.

    And I have to do it soon, she is coming to take another tombstone class and I am sure she will want to see her statue :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This explains so much! No wonder I've been having memory and cognition problems lately...I now know that the back of my head is filled with bubble wrap, and the rest is expanding foam. I hope you perform these brain operations with sterile tools..
    Margie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive