Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wait, wasn't her apple poisoned?


Go ahead little girl.....have a bit of this apple, and then you have to take your nap :)

This is pure marketing genius or someone at Disney has a sense of humor.

This is one on a long list of things that make me crazy about Disney cartoons - we don't like the way the book ends....so we just rip out these last few pages.  :(

I mean killing your stepmother by making her dance to death in hot iron shoes is pretty gruesome......I bet the girls would not want to play pretend Snow White if they knew that.....I have to stop now, cause if we get me stared down this path, this post will turn into on long "Did anyone at Disney actually read the book" rants.  Those are entertaining only to me!

On a happy (in the gory kinda way) note....if you have not read it.  Find a copy of Neil Gaiman's "Snow Glass Apples" - Snow White vampire story......quite creepy.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I'm intrigued. To Amazon I go!
    I have a book called, Grimm's Grimmest" that compiles most of those beloved tales, pre- Disney. Frightening and gorey don't even begin to describe the heinous stories within. LOVE it!
    Totally LOVE that little skullified cabinet you are working on.
    I'm inspired...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it one of the worst marketing campaign ever? Associating Snow White's apple to a fruity sweet?

    Oh but I love old fairy tales and how gruesome they are, especially Snow White!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to Disney to leave no potential revenue generating market untapped. Grimm's are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed a laugh and knew you would provide.
    Then I saw the website name under the picture and that makes me laugh too!

    I wonder how many people were involved in the product design process for these apple treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I would want to eat an apple of any kind with Snow White's picture on it. LOL hmmm I wonder what they were thinking, never mind I probably don't want to know.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next up from Disney...Maleficent's Sleep Aid! Cure insomnia....FOREVER!!!

    Thanks for the link to the Gaiman story. He's my favorite modern author.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive