Friday, January 30, 2009

Looking for donations

As we mentioned we kinda rescued the haunt awards last year as they were in danger of extinction. At that time we tried to work with someone else last year on a form of the awards, that would include prizes, but that went horribly wrong (Lots of misunderstandings.) So we are just going to go our merry way and ask the people we purchase from for donations, and if any of the vendors they work with can donate.

Rather than actual donated items, I am asking vendors for gift certificates. Mostly to reduce the cost for us of having to send all the items out to the winners (Bucky's are heavy!) No promises yet of what winners will receive, but we are doing what we can.

If anyone knows a vendor that can donate 8 items, 4 for first place, and 4 for the runners up, please let me know. If you know of a company that you think might donate, just let me know and I would be happy to contact them.

I am contacting people we have a connection with

Skeleton Store

Mr. Skeleton

Haunted Attraction Magazine

Mini Spotlights

EFX TEK

Pale Eye Productions

Ghost Ride

Midnight Syndicate

Ghoulish Gallery

lithograph printer who wants to remain anonymous
(16x20 print of your haunt - provided you have a high res photo)

Home Depot (I work with them for my day job, knowing what I do, I would be very surprised if they donated, but I am giving it a try.)

Outside vendors (If anyone has an in with any of these vendors I would appreciate the help!)

The Spirit Store/Spencers

Buy Costumes

Dark Candles

Fright Catalog

Any other ideas? Just let me know, I will be sending letters and emails out next week and following up with phone calls. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive