Thursday, January 22, 2009

Isn't this perfect?

Example of a perfect logo that I wish I had done. As simple and brilliant as it is, I could have never come up with that. They did.

I don't do logos - as a rule, and I am just not good at them. I will help you with any other design project, but I will not design your logo.

Why?

Because you think you know what you want, and it is probably a not what you need. And when I tell you what I think you should do, you will still prefer your idea. This does not change the fact that my idea was/is better. Sorry, but it is true. Your idea will have any or all of these problems:

1. You think logo design is easy

2. You have too many ideas for one logo

3. Your logo idea has nothing to do with your company

4. You want a globe in there somewhere (especially fitting when your company is local)

5. Your logo idea is too specific and most consumers will not easily understand your idea

5. You think logo design is easy (yes, you still do, and you are still wrong :)

6. You want to mix too many elements

7. You want too many colors

8. Your logo idea is too complicated and will not only be hard to print/embroider/emboss/etc.

9. You will need a b&w version of your logo at some point, and your design idea relies on color

10. You think because I am your friend, I will design your logo for free.

I would refer you to someone who does a great job with logos (it is not my thing) but the points listed above will make them crazy and then they will no longer talk to me. And I like those people. And I can guarantee you will not believe how expensive it is. And because of the points listed above....they deserve every penny!

Because you are my friend, and I want to keep it that way, I will never do a logo for you. Never, don't even ask me. Go here.

3 comments:

  1. That's a good example of another one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" moments. Cool logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Just drives my point home of why I do not do logos. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive