Friday, January 30, 2009

A Halloweenified Christmas

Yes, I am making up my own words - thank you very much :)

Anyway, always a fan of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow blog, but not good at keeping up on it. I discovered it again today and read a post from December that has inspired me to finally get my act together and do the Christmas display that husband and I have been talking about for years.

A Christmas Carol
A few years ago we took a grim reaper with a finger pointing down at an Ebenezer Scrooge tombstone we carved. You would be surprised how many people stopped for that one. In fact I can remember that Christmas morning sitting in the living room and seeing all these flashes. There were a group of people out in front of the house taking pictures.

Ah, warms the heart.

Anyway, husband and I have been talking about making a projection prop that is the talking door knocker for the front of the house. I just have to carve an oversized door knocker, get my talented voice actor friend to read it and film it, run it through the magic computer software...an viola! I will have the ultimate Christmas decoration.....for me :)

Then we could dress up our grave keeper in old-timey clothes and have him coming up to the door! Then I just need a ghost of Christmas present and past. This is going to be so cool.

And cold and rainy....it rains in October....but it really rains (and as of lately) snows a bit in December...this might be tricky :)

I guess I should tell husband before he finds out about this by reading my blog.

Although, so far, not the worst form of communication we have ever used :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive