Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do you notice something different?

It is very small....but I created a Favicon for this blog and the Davis Graveyard website. What is it? You see that small frog on the pumpkin image by the URL? That is a Favicon.

Here is a link that explains the basics

For Davis Graveyard I used the spider from my web page rather than our logo, because the logo was not recognizable in a 16 x 16 pixel image. I used Photoshop, but there are several other logo creators available.

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/jennifer/favicon.html

You can save the file with the correct extension when you download this plug in for Photoshop.

There also ways to create the image in MS Paint and use an online tool to generate the .ico file.

You should put the link information it in the section of the code, and make sure the path to the icon is correct, relative to the web page.

You should see your image to the left of your URL next time you visit your site.

So, I decided to create one for my blog.

Here is a link to a blog that has a very easy walk thru for creating your own.

This blog has great walk thru that shows you where to put the code. You should have your own custom Favicon in no time.

(Also simplified the color scheme to make it easier to read :)

I know, this blog is full of useless information :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive