Monday, June 28, 2010

I now dub thee


It is official, after 20 years of living in our house and sharing an office....it is over

I sent husband to the basement. :)

Well, not exactly sent, he went willingly, I think he was just as tired as I am of sharing the same office.

So we worked on converting one of the store rooms in the basement to an shiny new office for him. He currently has the nicest room in the house, all the wiring is new, it has insulation and regular walls (lath and plaster walls are evil). I would say that I am jealous, except that this gives me my own office.....an office that I can keep clean and tidy and paint any color I want.

As much as I say I want my own office I am sure I will miss having him right there to talk to...and I am sure he is going to take his Universal monster statue collection with him.....I kinda like those :D

So now that he is "Basement Husband" - does that make Hal a "basement cat"? :D

7 comments:

  1. You now have room for an indoor studio/crafty area!! Wooo Hooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't call him, "Igor," you guys should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous...that's nicer than my own office at work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks fantastic! Workspace is sometimes best with no distractions. I should take my own advice. We'll move out of the crackerbox eventually. O.o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to worry, along with your give away stuff, I'm sending a few companions for your new office.. I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, can't wait to see the lived in look when Jeff puts his stuff in there. I wish I had a cool basement office all to myself, my study is shared and two pc's in a small bedroom gets really warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must feel so much better now that it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive