Friday, June 25, 2010

We all start somewhere

and we started working with video projection about the same way that all the other projects start.

Frog queen to husband.
"Wouldn't it be cool to have a signing bust like at the Haunted Mansion?"

Husband to frog queen
"Yes, but we cannot sing."

(now I think....whoa...I wasn't thinking about actually singing...I mean that would be scary in the not good way!!!)

FQ to H
"How about if it just...." I look over to notice that he is rolling his eyes at me....again...

H to FQ
.....then finally....."you do know it rains here....we cannot have a projector outside in the rain."

FQ hang head, crosses her arms, stomps her feet and sulks in the corner

....cause I am mature that way :D

After a few days husband says "I have been thinking about....."

Those have turned out to be some of my favorite words....little did I know at the time that those lines were the beginning of a pattern that would go emerge each time I came up with a "crazy idea"

First "no" and then a few days later "you know I was thinking....." and then....we are working on the prop!

Kinda like magic! I like this! I like this a lot!

Yep, I no longer get disheartened when he says "no"....cause I know it is only a matter of time...before the prop magically appears......

(except for painting the lawn gray....I have been asking for years and he has held stead fast to "no" on that one.)

So, the first year, this is what our projected talking head looked like.

Gasp! WTF was that!

(Yeah, I heard you...it is rather....odd looking)

It was supposed to look like the busts in Disneyland..... it was not supposed to look like an alien.

Not exactly the scary I was looking for...not at all.

Husband says
"It is the best we can do this year......"

Frog Queen is back to sulking in the corner.

:(

11 comments:

  1. Your husband obviously loves a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do mean NOT scary?!? That thing looks like a cross between Susan Sarandon and Christopher Walken after massive amounts of chemotherapy. I'll have nightmares tonight. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a little more work, Im sure you guys can figure it out. I cant remember if the witches head in the mansion is rounded or sculpted, maybe if you were to put a wig on it it would conceal the illusion a bit more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carl, this isn't what it looks like now. This is what it looked like the first year they tried it. The bad thing at my house is that I am both the idea person and the person who has to execute the project, the Mrs. is the CFO and has the financial say so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that looks scary. But it was not that bad either... I'm pretty sure I can do worst than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun oozed over the horizon, shoved aside darkness, crept along the greensward, and, with sickly fingers, pushed through the castle window, revealing the pillaged princess, hand at throat, crown asunder, gaping in frenzied horror at the sated, sodden amphibian lying beside her, disbelieving the magnitude of the frog's deception, screaming madly, "You lied!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slap a wig on that puppy and it will give you a WHOLE different look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha...I love you guys and do you know why? Because that is EXACTLY how the exchange between hubby and wife go in our household as well. It's always no and I sulk. But it sinks into their subconscious minds and like clockwork they start trying to figure how to make us happy. Not to mention that I think they see it as a 'challenge' too...and it's clinically proven that men cannot resist a challenge. :o)

    By the by....I like the prop. Some form of floating head is better than no floating head at all I say! But I know you guys will elevate it to something far more incredible given some time...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of the aliens in cocoon. But, it did have good proportions!

    Our exchanges go somewhat close to that. I don't sulk or argue, because that tends to make him dig in his heels. I just say " I was thinking....", and then, I list all the reasons why it's not a good idea, or won't work. Usually I close with a maybe or a loophole somewhere, and that's enough. In a few days he's worked through the objections and convinces me to give it a try.

    Works almost every time. 8^D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive