Friday, February 12, 2010

I am posting it

even though sadly this ride (The Haunted Inn) was destroyed in a fire just a few weeks ago (I knew I should have posted it sooner.) It was the last ride left in the original park. Is that not sad? I am remembering why I stopped posting these a while back :)

Pleasureland in Southport, UK was open in 1912 and closed in 2006. (It opened again in 2008 and 2009 for a bit, but then closed again.) What I love about this park is it looks like it had, two, count them boys and girls, two haunted rides!!! .
















The second ride was called the Ghost Train.







3 comments:

  1. Such lovely pictures.

    I have childhood trauma around these things and never go in to haunted attractions (I have, indeed, punched scare actors for trying to touch me -- completely obviously to my own actions once inside); but I love seeing the light-of-day photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting dark ride post, and sadly another lost to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad that so dark rides are disappearing more and more. I remember when they were far more common. Luckily, when I get nostalgic I can travel just a couple of hours away to visit the old pretzel-style dark ride at Sylvan Beach amusement park.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive