Monday, February 8, 2010

I spent too much

time wondering how I was going to be able to tie this blog post into something scary/Halloween/Davis Graveyard ish - cause I know that it may not seem like it, but almost every post does...very loosely mind you, but they do. I don't have marketing awards for nothing :D

Anyway, I finally thought of what it could be.

One of the scariest things I know...I mean seriously makes my skin crawl and start to feel dizzy (and generally irratates the crap out of me) . . . it is. . . . my full name.

Christine (shudder) - worst name (for me) in the universe right? :D

I look at that name as an almost unforgivable mistake on my parents part.

When I met husband he quickly corrected the situation and started calling me Chris (I then promptly killed that Christine person and buried her the yard :D) ....it has taken years for my family to stop calling me "that name" - they still do on occasion, and I am not sure if it is just the name or the fact that it is that "family" thing.....but it creeps me out! :D

Thanks for sticking with me this long....you will be rewarded finally, with the actual point of this post.

Some friends sent husband an email from urbandictionary.com of his name... the description fits him perfectly. So I wanted to see what mine said.

Of course, Chris, comes up as guys name and it makes reference to parts of the anatomy that as a girl, I don't posses but always enjoy playing with :D.

But my full name - now that was funny - and true, did I mention true?

1. Christine

A deity; the best person to be in your corner; unlimited power and potential; a muse; someone that can change your life. Someone that takes your side even when you're wrong; soul mate; kismet; fortuitous; serendipity

If I only had Christine, I could do anything!

2. Christine

Christine from the word Christian, also from the Greek word Christos.
my name is Christine! with an 'E' not Christina with an 'A'! why do people always call me the one with the 'A'.

3. Christine

This person is very smart and GORGEOUS. She is very easily loved and very sweet. People are attracted by her loving and beautiful hair. When people hear her name they faint for love and jealously

Person 1: Hey I saw CHRISTINE the other day
Person 2: overhears *faints*

I have to say that that is the first time in 26 years that I have actually not loathed my full name. :D

BTW - the second one is sooooo true! Stop calling me Christina....that is even worse! And it is Chris with a "C" not a "K" do I look like a Kris to you?

And yes, my "beautiful and loving" hair, does in fact, love all of you. :)

12 comments:

  1. Of you're a Kris with a "K". And a little heart over the "i," too!
    ;o)
    Heheheheeheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat was "of course". Sorry. TH HTML tag disappeared the "course."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, you do NOT fit into the typical sense of your name.

    We simply have not come up with a suitable description for your awesome UNIQUENESS.

    But give us time, we will... we will =o)

    (For the record, I *LIKE* your name!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a Michael, my name means "angel". That is of course wholly appropriate (or appropriately holy).
    I will continue to refer to you as Christine, the killer 1958 Plymouth Fury!
    (aka: John Carpenter's Stephen King movie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even want to get started on names or name spellings. My parents got all Monet-ish and jacked it up. I too also hate to be called by my full first name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had the opposite problem with my aunt, for 56 years she went by Kathy, now all of the sudden it became Katherine, so the occasional slip is known to occur =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Chris is much better than Christine....
    "Christy" is my favorite version.

    Urban Dictionary describes me (Andrew) as "Ultra cool, Usually hot or at least sort of cute. Awesome sense of style, music, and humor. Sexy, awesome kisser...."

    Man, they're WAY off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, like the car in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *faints*

    Giggle - I love this - I'm running to check out my name now. I do have a wonderful friend named Kristina, who always gets called "Christine" so she has the opposite issue that you do. I love both names though!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive