Friday, August 13, 2010

So last night

after the concert* a group of kids from the neighborhood came up to me and let me know that they wanted to show me something.

Now a few years ago we started giving the kids chalk to draw on the walkways and I have no idea how we got the tradition started** but we draw a chalk body outline every time.  I know, a little disturbing, but then you and the neighborhood know me by now.

We have been doing this for years but tonight they had made me a special creation.

They drew a white body outline - with "x"s for eyes - nice touch :)

But they then took pink chalk and made a pool of blood outline that went down the walkway and into the street. :D

They were quite proud of themselves and we just ecstatic to show me. 

Since they were so happy, I didn't have the heart to tell them that bloody, is really not my thing.  It was in fact only chalk.


We will explain my "dry and crispy" theory to them another day...today, as in everyday, we are just enjoying this moment in life.

I have to say I was quite honored and proud, definitely made me smile and I realized I am a terrible influence on the neighborhood. 

Bad Frog Queen! :D

FQF*

4 comments:

  1. LOL - that's great. Gotta get to 'em young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's pretty cool.

    Sad thing is though, if a kid did that a school, he'd be thrown in the counselor's office faster than you could say "somebody think of the children!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure those kids will talk about you for the rest of their lives -- you'll attain legendary status!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gratifying, isn't it?

    And they want to be just like you and Jeff, but you don't have to pay for braces or college. Score!

    Maybe one or two of them will carry on the tradition and/or become a minion when they get older!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive