That coffin is going to be a piece of Gothic Greatness when it's finished. One year I used Styrofoam for my gravestones, wanting a material I could find while dumpster diving and was pleasantly surprised to find that when I sprayed them with spray paint something wonderful happened. They instantly started doing a kind of melted marshmallow thing and possessed quite a gruesome old and degenerated look that I loved! Good luck and Happy Hallowed Hammering.
That foam looks so great with your flowers! I say leave it just as it is....hack,cough,sputter.....ok, maybe not. Looks like the start of something very cool indeed.
BTW, when you're in Bath, be sure to have lunch/dinner at the famous Pump Room restaurant right beside the Roman Baths. It dates from Jane Austen's day and the food is good too.
about awards, I am ready to pass on the cool new award I got from Geoff over at Enter the Man Cave. This award goes to all of you that comment frequently on this blog. I always appreciate comments, let's bloggers know that there is indeed, someone out there listening :) Thank you. I tried to grab everyone that has posted on my blog....recently at least a couple time. Focus on the word "try" people, cause I am sure I have forgotten someone - I am hoping that because these awards make the rounds.....one of these people will correct my error and make sure you get this cool award! I am purposely leaving off three people that should be on this list - Carl at ILHM, Wiec? at when is evil cool and MJ at My Two Yens Worth......because I don't want to give them an award :D LOL!!! - they already got the award from Geoff already. So, guys, consider this your backup copy :) Andrew Green - from the always fun and interesting Who Wants Taters Blog (I love that title!) Arcane - fro...
Goals I do have a 3D printer(s) and time...but no frogs (curently). When I find some frogs in the yard (they will be back, I live near a creek) Gonna make a gothic version of this. If you have not met this star, bloggers followers, this is Frodrick - Frodrick, here are some new friends. Hop right to it everyone and check out his YouTube journey. https://youtu.be/ROHZOitxo5k?si=Gh8eeKBiTVpHDJIP
a bad mood, I might as well bring this up. (my self loathing kicks into high gear whenever I have to spend time with my family :D ) As I have posted before not everyone likes the Davis Graveyard display or me for that matter, but that is cool, everyone is entitled to their opinion - just like I am entitled to mine :D Is this not the most wonderful world! :) So to show it is not all sunshine and roses here at the graveyard (or my case tombstones and skeletons), I will share with you a not so flattering review from last October from one of the larger free publications in our area. :( To be fair, and all things being what they are, I know that my display is not very interesting for people from about early teens to early 20's - we are too family friendly and not scary and thus uninteresting to the bulk of that age group, which is the primary haunted house attendees. This is one of the main reasons, husband and I have no aspiration to create a haunted attraction. I really have no desir...
you've been given an award! details at my blog
ReplyDeleteIs it a coffin? :o I can't wait to see.
ReplyDeleteThat coffin is going to be a piece of Gothic Greatness when it's finished. One year I used Styrofoam for my gravestones, wanting a material I could find while dumpster diving and was pleasantly surprised to find that when I sprayed them with spray paint something wonderful happened. They instantly started doing a kind of melted marshmallow thing and possessed quite a gruesome old and degenerated look that I loved! Good luck and Happy Hallowed Hammering.
ReplyDeleteThat foam looks so great with your flowers! I say leave it just as it is....hack,cough,sputter.....ok, maybe not. Looks like the start of something very cool indeed.
ReplyDeleteEeeeeeeee! Pink!
ReplyDeleteBTW, when you're in Bath, be sure to have lunch/dinner at the famous Pump Room restaurant right beside the Roman Baths. It dates from Jane Austen's day and the food is good too.
Touche! ;)
ReplyDeleteI was so scared for a moment when I saw pink foam AND pink petunias...so glad you are making a coffin, it looks swell!
ReplyDeleteThis is gonna look amazing!!! Please share the photos when it's finished, although I do tend to favor the pink....
ReplyDeletePink and black make a nice contrast. You might want to just keep the original colour ;)
ReplyDelete