Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Problem solved

If you know me, or have been reading my back in the beginning, you may remember me bitchin' about the wings for my angel monument - along with many, many other things :)

Well, this year I was trying to figure out what to do to replace the disastrous wings I made last year. A new set of wings would be set #4 - that just seems silly. Obviously there is a problem here...there has got to be a better solution.

And there is, a very simple one.

I am creating a new angel
The curent angel is not longer an "angel", we had our suspicions, she was always a bit of a trouble maker ;)

Now, before you all ask me if you can have her, I have learned to stop giving away my props . . . . cause I end up missing them (still unhappy about the scarecrow).....so, since I cannot part with her....the current angel is going to be recycled.

She currently is holding a sword in her hands, so my new plan is to remove the wings permanently and put a warrior ringlet type thing on her head, possibly something that makes her dress look more like a battle uniform, and maybe make a shield to set on the base. I am thinking I will carve something in french on a plaque on her base.....and call her "Joan".

I was told that I cannot burn the crap wings from 2008 (and I was very disappointed), because of their size and what they are made out of. So I am going to go all "Office Space" on those wings with a baseball bat! I can hardly wait!!

But how can the Davis Graveyard be without the angel that stands alongside the mausoleum? No worries. I have plans for a new one.

But that is a blog post for another day.

11 comments:

  1. Yes, she is about 8 years old. She is one of the props that we will show you how to make in our upcoming book.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycled Angel is a great name for a song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Igloo Keeper.....that is very, very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have always, ALWAYS loved that angel... cant wait for the next plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random acts of violence against angel wings, I love it! They had it coming Froggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see your new angel and your new warrior. If you need help with your french carving, let me know ;-) By the way, you probably knew that, we french people call Joan of Arc "Jeanne d'Arc"

    Good luck with your projects

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear the angel wings are getting bashed but can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin Brian...you are tapped to help me with this. I would love an authentic translation.

    I will be in touch!! :)))))

    Seriously everyone else...did you see those wings....cringe, death by bat is the only option :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The baseball bat approach sounds wonderfully therapuetic :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the reincarnation :) (you've probably heard this before, but I think you're too hard on yourself about the wings. But I also know what it's like to look at a project that didn't turn out how you envisioned).

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive