Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I think the girls were having a great time

until this happened.

We told the girls to go sit up by the gate because we had a surprise for them...:D

Then husband introduced "Michael and the Muthers"

Some of the moms of the dancers had secretly worked with Tim (MJ, one of the dancers coaches) to dance a special version of Thriller. The moms with dressed in dance team sweats, put on a bit of creepy make up and did a Thriller number right there in the driveway.

It was hysterical. I think all of the girls just about died of embarrassment. It was so fun to watch and the crowd loved it. They even had to do an encore performance later that evening. :)





I cannot put into words how it feels to see this happening in the display.

What started out as a simple way to raise money for the dance team and help get the display involved in the community has turned into something that has become a big part of these people's lives. One of the moms daughter has been dancing in the graveyard for the last three Halloweens, but next year she will not be on the team and she said a bit sadly "I don't know what I am going to do with myself on Halloween next year?" :(

We told her that she is always welcome at the Graveyard :)

Photos by the super sweet Marci Brandt

4 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome the moms were game to do the dance! Coolest moms ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fabulous!!! YAY to the Moms that participated! I would have.:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, our kids embarrass us enough when they're little.

    Payback is underrated. hehehe

    I'm not coordinated enough to have danced with them, but my spirit would have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! I'm sure the girls secretly loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive