Monday, November 2, 2009

She has the

best job in the world. She tells me as she is out in our patio carving tombstones with the whole Milwaukie City Art Committee (ARTmob - husband is chair) a on early evening before Halloween.

This is (the very nice and super supportive of the Graveyard) Beth, who works for the City of Milwaukie.

I look at her and think....okay, I'll bite (not literally, you caught me on a good day) "Why do you say that?"

"Because part of my job is being out here carving tombstones."

I laugh and say "Yeah, now that is a good job. Wow, now I am jealous, I wish this was part of my day job!" :D
















Here are some of the art committee out carving tombstones in our patio so that they can display them in front of City Hall for their Trick or Treat Event for the local kids on Friday afternoon the day before Halloween.

How cool it was to have local photographers, writers, singers/songwriters, and painters all out making tombstones for the city decorations!? Another fun way to share the graveyard and what we do with the community.

I have to say at the tine I was a bit stressed that we were working on these so late and I really needed to spend the time getting ready for the party, why did we volunteer to do this?

But you know, the party turned out fine. It always does.

Yeah, no matter how much I commented on how crazy it was, I am glad we did it. It has helped me understand that I cannot take all the hoopla around my event too seriously and remember that sharing is important, for everyone.

And, as long as I have enough vodka, my party guests would be happy if all I did was light the candles on the skulls, and put out a few pumpkins.

Oh, and glow in the dark cobwebs in the bathroom.....that was a big hit! :D

2 comments:

  1. You are so much fun. :) Your party sounds delightful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha this is your time of the year right!!! :)

    loves

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive