Saturday, January 23, 2010

The locals call it

Silent Hill. It is an abandoned amusement park in on the top of a hill in Rome, Italy called LunEur or Luna Park. Built in 1953 it was closed in 2008. I cannot find many pictures of the park now, and after finding the few I did, I would really love to see more.


This first one is of what I am guessing is a haunted ride (from reading about the park, it appears they had several of them.) Very creepy entrance.


The next one is of the Ferris wheel to give you a look at the slight amount of decay that is happening.


I still cannot get over the fact that there were several haunted rides.....wow, if a park even has one I am thrilled.





The pictures are from this site and there are several other shots worth looking at.

5 comments:

  1. geez, I love this...wish I could replicate it and put it at the front of a little haunted house at halloween. hell, I wouldn't mind having it year-round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's been some amazing Italian horror movies over the years. I wonder if this was meant to reflect that.

    Ali@Holiday Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a movie called that! gives me the shivers. so do you.... what fun! giggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. are we going to see some decayed amusement park additions in next years haunt??

    ReplyDelete
  5. empty amusement parks are scarier than clowns!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive