Friday, January 8, 2010

Warm and cozy

In December I saw this very cool skull tea cozy on ShellHawks blog and fell in love. It reminded me that (to my horror) all my tea cozies are pink with flowers (as you can see in this picture) and that was just not acceptable.

I showed the picture to my good friend and work mate who has knitted me many items, one of them being my Gryffindor scarf (back when the first HP movie came out and I you could find where child scarves) and asked her if she could make the tea cozy for me.

She said yes, and for Christmas she gave me this cool cozy. To put her own personal touch on it - she gave it a red hat - "to keep it extra warm" she said. And she made the hat in red, which is my favorite color (I was wondering why she was asking me that a while back :D )

So now my tea pot on Saturday and Sunday mornings will be sporting this very handsome and more frog queen styled tea cozy.

See, not everyone at my work thinks I am evil! :D

4 comments:

  1. love it...the little red hat really makes this special...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is too cool!! I'd say he was cute in his red hat, but does a Skelly every really want to be told he's cute? lol

    What a nice way to start your day! With a smile, and the thought that someone was thoughtful and caring to make it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'd smile every morning seeing my teapot wearing that!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive