Monday, January 3, 2011

For those of you not married

to a geek. (in my case a computer programmer)  You might not know that this week is CES (Consumer Electronics Show*) in wonderful snowy Las Vegas.

That is right boys and girls....it is snowing in Vegas with all those people there.....that is scary! (Hence my tie to this blog....yes, i am aware that is the lamest tie in ever.)

Anyway, yesterday several of our geek friends were at the house and we were talking in and I realized two things......first, my friends really are geeky, when you talk about getting gadgets for Xmas presents and everyone knows the name brand and the specs on said item....yeah, it was a little disturbing.

And second, next year for Christmas husband is going to get a note that says.....I am buying you your Christmas present after CES - so that way the one I buy you in December will not be obsolete 2 weeks later when the "cooler" thing comes out after the show. :D

Silly frog queen....this should have been a follies post.  Sorry about that everyone.  Back to regular scheduled blogging :)

*In a previous life I had to work that event......if I NEVER do that again, it will be too soon.  That is just madness.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I'm married to a geek, but as an annual traveler to Vegas I just had to say OMGOSH, that shot of the south end in snow is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow in Las Vegas -- isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the craziest thing, i am a geek and married in vegas... i wish it would have snowed when we were there... it would of been like being at home...
    :)
    jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I'd like to commend you for your excellent tie-in of this post with Halloween. This is something I often struggle with on my blog, so I'm taking notes. ;)

    Second, I just know if I ever went to Vegas for a winter break, it would snow much like that. Because that's just the way my life works.

    And finally, take comfort in the knowledge that I, as a non-techno geek, am always at least two versions behind on every electronic product out there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got back from a week with my family in CA, where I'm from, and the moutains were packed with snow!

    It still cracks me up tho, living in Syracuse with 72 inches of snow so far and temps in the teens, when I see So. Cal. folks in knit snow caps. And I'm there without a jacket. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would take snow in Vegas any day over snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowing in Vegas. Sounds like a bad movie title.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive