Friday, September 25, 2009

Tub of skulls

Here is a tub of skulls waiting to for their finish painting. The other cool thing about my brother owning a decorative accent company that works with resin is that resin has a shelf life. So if he has some left over and no orders to fill, he casts me skulls!

I use these skulls on the stanchions that we put out front to hold out the front of the house for foot traffic.

They are hollow inside and we just slip them over the wooden stake and then drill a hole in the back of the head to hold them in, and keep them from walking off :)

The cool thing about this skull is that it is made from a cast of a skull that my brother got at Disneyland over 30 years ago.

The face is a bit long and not proportional...but it is a cool skull just the same...and it has a bit of history to it which helps show that our family has always had a taste for the macabre. :D

4 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic and they are every cooler, since I know that they have a Disney past =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are awesome. you should sell them after the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how they look all nestled happily in that pail...ha! Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a bowl full of skulls!!! (pouting, and stamping her feet!!!) giggle

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive